"Go ye therefore and teach all nations . . ." Matthew 28:19

"Go ye therefore and teach all nations . . ." Matthew 28:19

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Week 4 - MTC - September 15, 2015

Well my Fossil watch broke...not sure how so I sent it home to be looked at. The stopwatch feature glitched out after 11 minutes and the whole watch stopped working. In other news Elder Caussé spoke to us and it was one of the most powerful talks I've ever listened to. He talked about being a bold missionary and how we need to always be the Missionary people think we are. He talked about when he was first called as a 70 and how he felt unprepared and inadequate. In a training with President Packer and two other General Authorities, President Packer taught out of 1 Corinthians 2. It talks about not being strong in the language of men and being weak, but that we teach with the power of God and He is with us in our trials and our weaknesses. I really needed that this week. Caussé said that to be a bold missionary we need to be 3 things. 1) Humble 2) Obedient and 3) Consecrated. To teach with the Spirit and to change lives we need to be humble and realize all things are from God and that we are a tool in assisting the Lord in Hastening His Work. Without Christ we are nothing, but with Christ we can do all things. One of our lessons with Hospice went extremely well. I didn't use my outline at all and I had the Spirit so strong I had a brief moment of the Gift of Tongues. I bore my testimony and promised him blessings that would come if he had faith to follow Christ in all things. It's the best feeling when you know the investigator understands you and you see they're engaged in what you're saying and you can notice something in their eyes I'm not sure how to explain it but you can feel the Spirit so strong and you know they can as well. He agreed to be baptised! Music is so strong in bringing the Spirit. Every devotional and every Sacrament meeting their is prelude music and a musical number and it is so incredibly strong I am overwhelmed with the Spirit I feel. The best yet has been Elder Huang's prelude music, he's in my district, before Sacrament meeting and for a devotional an Elder played "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief" on the viola. It was the most beautiful thing I've ever heard and it helps that it's one of my favorite songs!! This past Sacrament meeting one of the Tahitian districts sang "Brightly Beams Our Father's Mercy" In english, french and tahitian. It was so amazing!! I love music more than I ever have. I know that music can bring the Spirit to anyone who is listening so I encourage all of you to find songs that make you feel the Spirit strongly that you can listen to maybe once a day and for sure when things get rough in life. I know that music can bring you peace and comfort and can answer questions you may have without even realizing it. The MTC is amazing and it's sad that I leave in 2 weeks but I know that the Lord needs me in Montréal Canada teaching in hillbilly french. Love you guys!
Beaucoup d'amour,
Elder Di Reda

No comments:

Post a Comment