"Go ye therefore and teach all nations . . ." Matthew 28:19

"Go ye therefore and teach all nations . . ." Matthew 28:19

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Week 5 - MTC - September 22, 2015

This world is so small. In my zone there is an Elder Bytheway who went to Alta High School and knows Brax and Cam as well as the singer Anna Ritchey who sings an EFY song called "Fragile". This song's music video is the mormon message about bullying that two of my high school friends are in. Weird. The devo speakers were Brother and Sister Wixom. She, Primary General President, talked about this being the Lord's work and that we are entitled to his help, but we must be obedient and worthy of it. She talked of three skills all missionaries need. 1) Prepare with purpose 2) Teach with testimony 3) Labor with love. The most powerful insight she gave in her talk was about Nephi and his elder brothers when they went to obtain the records of their ancestors. She talked about how when they returned they were all returned missionaries, but their experiences were completely different because of their attitudes and their work. "A mission is the beginning of a walk with Christ for the rest of our lives" -Sister Wixom. We had a TRC Skype teaching appointment with a gentleman living in France who's a member. Nothing has terrified me more than that, however it went extremely well I think. We taught about faith, exchanged favorite scriptures, and bore our testimonies frequently. The Spirit was so strong and although our french is far sub par we were able to get the message across that the Spirit needed us to share and that in and of itself is a testimony builder for me. This week I focused more on my nightly prayers. A few nights ago it had been a long day but I knelt down and prayed with more sincerity and more intent than I ever have. It was half in French then the rest in English. It was such a powerful experience. When you put away anything else you're doing and pray with everything you have the world slips away, time slips away and you find yourself giving thanks for things and asking for things you never would've thought of before. It was the longest prayer of my life but I fell asleep that night with the most powerful feeling of peace and clear mindedness than I ever have before. Prayer is so important! Today was interesting. We went to the temple this morning and half way through the session it hit me that it might be the last time for two years that I go to the temple. It made me sad and I focused on every detail that I could. The temple is a safehaven and I hope you all find comfort and go there for peace. The temple is such an amazing place were we can come closer to God than ever before if we take the time, give the reverence, and pray. I know that prayer is a key for us to receive revelation. I know that God answers our prayers and that He hears them. Through prayer I have received the most comfort in my live and I know everyone can if they take the time and sincerely pray to God. It's a communication, its not about placing our order and waiting for the blessings. I love you all be safe! When I write again I'll be in Canada-eh.
Love,
Elder DiReda




No comments:

Post a Comment